You are never too young to start running!
Family Friendly Event
The Kids Run is a perfect way for kids of all ages to participate in the family friendly event. The race takes place around the track by the beach volleyball courts.
There will be an unsupervised children’s activity area at the event. This is separate from the registered childcare area. Parents are expected to supervise their children at the unsupervised play area.
Once you have registered your child(ren) in the FUN RUN, their t-shirt and bib number will be available to pick up at the Naden Athletic Centre. (This is the same location/time for adult t-shirt and race number pick up). Check back here for package pickup times closer to race day.
On Race Day
- Race bib must be pinned on t-shirts to enter the race.
- Be ready at the start line at 8:10 am.
There are 3 heats for the children’s race. Please place your child in the heat that best meets his/her fitness and age limits:
- First heat starts at 8:15 am sharp – a distance of 250 metres (or once around the track behind the Naden Athletic Centre).
- Second heat starts shortly after 8:15 am – a distance of 500 metres or 2 loops.
- The third heat – a distance of a full kilometre or 4 loops.
Given the tight timelines to complete three heats of the Children’s FUN RUN and start the NAVY Run at 8:30 am, we will be limiting the time allowed to complete the FUN RUN heats. Children who do not complete their heat in the time allotted will be asked to finish early so that the next heat may start on time.
Pre-register for Free childcare!
There is no race day registration.
- Children must be over two years old in the childcare area.
- Staff will care for your child in the fenced, secure volleyball court by the race start area.
- Parents or authorized guardians must sign in their child(ren) and sign out their child(ren).
- There are no in and out privileges.
- Childcare opens at 8 a.m. and closes promptly at 11 a.m.
- Children must be collected prior to 11 am.
- The outside volleyball court is like a big sandbox, so dress your child appropriately.
- Please ensure you provide snacks for your child(ren) as well.
- There will be face-painting, a clown making balloon art, and games.