Try this simple recipe for kale chips, created by the staff at Harrowsmith magazine. Kale is a superfood packed with calcium, protein, vitamins, iron, folate and antioxidants.
Kale Chips with Hummus
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 cups
- 1 large bunch of leafy kale
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) hummus
- Wash and pat dry, then roughly chop the kale into chip-size pieces, removing the largest and hardest parts of the leaf’s rib.
- In a large bowl, massage olive oil, salt and hummus into the kale with your hands until the kale is evenly coated.
- Spread the kale on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 350°F (190°C) oven for about 10 minutes.
- Turn chips over and mix them around. Put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Find more easy and delicious recipes at harrowsmithmag.com.