Pick your distance
Everyone is welcome!
The Navy Run – 10K, 5K, Pole Walking and Kids Fun Run is an inclusive community event. Involve the children and discover a fitter family lifestyle. Get excited about improving your health. Do it because you can!
You are never too young to start running!
The Kids Run is a perfect way for kids of all ages to participate in the family friendly event. The race takes place around the track by the beach volleyball courts.
There will be an unsupervised children’s activity area at the event. This is separate from the registered childcare area. Parents are expected to supervise their children at the unsupervised play area.
Once you have registered your child(ren) in the FUN RUN, their t-shirt and bib number will be available to pick up at the Naden Athletic Centre. (This is the same location/time for adult t-shirt and race number pick up). Check back here for package pickup times closer to race day.
On Race Day:
Race bib must be pinned on t-shirts to enter the race.
Be ready at the start line at 8:10 am.
There are 3 heats for the children’s race. Please place your child in the heat that best meets his/her fitness and age limits:
First heat starts at 8:15 am sharp – a distance of 250 metres (or once around the track behind the Naden Athletic Centre).
Second heat starts shortly after 8:15 am – a distance of 500 metres or 2 loops.
The third heat – a distance of a full kilometre or 4 loops.
Given the tight timelines to complete three heats of the Children’s FUN RUN and start the NAVY Run at 8:30 am, we will be limiting the time allowed to complete the FUN RUN heats. Children who do not complete their heat in the time allotted will be asked to finish early so that the next heat may start on time.
On Race Day:
- Race bib must be pinned on t-shirt to enter the race.
- There is no switching route lengths on the day of the race.
- Start time for both the 5K and 10K is at 0845hrs.
- Our start gun is a Howitzer gun! Talk about starting with a bang.
- Lock up area for values will be available on site; please fill in the tear away portion on your race bib. This will be attached to your item – it has a matching number to your race bib.
- There will be complimentary food and coffee available at the end of the run.
- There will be pizza slices for sale as part of a fundraiser for the Military Family Resource Centre, so bring a little cash!
- Medals for the top runners in all categories will be handed out after the run. Please stay for this!
Please note: Dogs are not allowed in the run or on DND property unless they are certified guide or support dogs. Paperwork will be required to have them on site.
Whether you are a high performing athlete, leisure runner wanting to stay fit, walker, or even a pole walker, the five kilometre route is a fun challenge. This run is a timed chip event.
The route for this run is a little tougher; not only is it longer, but it has a few hills to make it a challenging run! This run is a timed chip event.
Run results will be posted at the end of both runs on site, and will also be available on the Navy Run website the following week.